Friday, May 14, 2010

Introduction

Hello all,
Welcome to the introductory post of Shooting the Truth, a blog related to the history, meaning, and growing understanding of photography.
Photography has many purposes. It can be expressed as an art form, and a tool for use in sciences. Photography can be used by detectives and police officers in order to solve crimes, and it can be used to capture memories in family photo albums. Salespeople use it to sell, reporters use it to report, and teachers use it to teach.
This blog will be used as a tool to analyze and discuss various photographs from the historical past, present, as well as the significance of photography as a whole.

I am by no means a professional photographer, nor an enthusiast, but I am able to appreciate the art and utility behind a good photograph.



As an icebreaker I would like to present a photograph I took on a trip to New York in 2006. It is a photograph taken in Central Park of the Strawberry Fields Memorial for John Lennon. This memorial was placed in Central Park across from The Dakota, where John Lennon lived and was murdered my Mark David Chapman on December 8th, 1980.
The picture was only taken with a simple Sony Digital Camera.
I felt that the meaning of this monument was very important, celebrating the positive messages left behind by John Lennon and the love and admiration for this man still long after his death. This is one of the more powerful photographs I've taken and I am very proud that I was able to capture it and share it with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment